Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

From "Professional" to Personal

Great news.

I'm starting my own business, finally. It's exciting for sure, and a little bit intimidating. Okay, totally intimidating. I have a lot of little emotional saboteurs to get over, but really, I think we all do.

This blog will become one that focuses on my OWN health journey and is about my life. The blog is evolving as I am so I thought it only appropriate to let you know:-) The new blog all about health can be found here: www.ubuntuhealthnow.com/blog This blog will be LOADED with healthy, yummy, delicious information about how to live the best life ever. Even MORE than what appeared here, so hang on to your britches, it's time to jump into the universal flow of awesome.

On to other things. I can't believe it's been over a month since I posted here.

I COMPLETELY missed you. Seriously. I've thought about this blog, this little community we've created together here so often and yet, I couldn't bring myself back. I got stuck between this blog and the other one and so instead of over writing content, I didn't write anything. Has that ever happened to you? Getting paralyzed in the in-between. It's such a strange feeling.

AND, I have so much to tell you.

Do you remember that blog I wrote back in March/April about the universe telling me to quit my job(s) and to trust?! Well, the reason for it found me. I traveled to CA, CO, TX and then NY after I left my job April 15th. I had a one way ticket to New York after my Texas visit and I was really unsure about coming. I didn't know what it had in store for me. Everything seemed to align perfectly, however, so I came. I had a couch (the world's smallest...that ended up to be pretty comfy) to crash on, my friend Katie happened to be in town that SAME week between her Arizona and Italy travels, Jim was back in New Jersey and I had a little bit of money left. So, without a return ticket, I left straight away on a plane for New York.

I spent two weeks here and in the process, sort of ran out of money. One night, I was sitting in Border's on my computer looking for the Hippocrates Health Institute (which I thought was in NY) and found that it was in Flordia. Then the Institute for Integrative Nutrition POPPED into my head out of nowhere. I had found them years ago when I was looking for a nutrition school and so I checked out their website. They happened to be hiring. So, in an instant, I randomly applied.

I did not come to New York looking for a job or planning on moving out here.

I sent my application and resume in to the black whole of the internet world and went on a walk through Central Park with Katie. That was Thursday night.

Come Monday morning, I had an e-mail in my inbox asking me to take these extensive online tests and come to a group interview the following Thursday, 4 days before I was supposed to fly home to Arizona. So, I bought interview clothes and went.

There were 20 other people interviewed in person, all with tons of sales experience.

I left feeling like I had given it my all and would not be coming back to New York for that job.

A few days later, I received a call to do follow up interviews. I did 3 and then waited to hear back. A week later, I was offered a full time position and asked to move out to New York on June 30th, 15 days after I got the offer.

I sat on it for a few hours and decided that the synchronicity of the events was too much to ignore. That the universe had and HAS something in store for me in this huge, amazing city.

Now in New York, I'm having all sorts of experiences, including a wee bit of culture shock. I must admit that I thought that culture shock was for "the others" but it just so happens that it also happens to me.

Well loves, that's it for now. New York City stories coming shortly.

Mucho love love love love!!

Inspire!

2 comments:

  1. That is an amazing story Terra!! I know you are going to do great things in this world!!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog